Saturday, May 3, 2014

Regrowing Food.

Today I present to you yet another neat trick!
Regrowing food! That is correct, you heard me right. You can regrow some of the food you take out of your garden or the store!
I'm not certain where I learned this nifty trick, but I'm glad I did.


So what you do is:

  • Cut off the part you want to eat; leaving enough to provide the future roots some energy.
    Eat the tops. Nom Nom Nom!


  • You then put the bottom/roots into a glass of water and put it into a sunny spot.

After about a week or two you should have a decent amount of root growth, you can then plant them in your garden or containers. 






I've used this method with all sorts of stuff, including:
Green Onions,
Lemongrass
Best smelling houseplant ever!
Celery
Lettuce


With this method you only need to buy these things once in the beginning of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment